The overall direction of CFID programs are guided and prioritized by a strategic planning process that involves the entire CFID Board of Directors. The Strategic Plan is continuously monitored and evaluated for implementation and performance in achieving established mission and goals. Specific projects within each program are dictated by availability of resources which in turn depend on the prevailing financial climate and degree of success in fund-raising efforts.
Promoting and Funding Research
Grants are awarded to encourage research in specific areas:
In addition, special grants are awarded to both undergraduate students and medical students:
Professional Development is promoted by awarding infectious disease research.
- John M. Embil Mentorship Award in Infectious Diseases
- Juan A. Embil Trainee Award for Excellence in Infectious Diseases Research
- altona Diagnostics Canada Medical Student Research Award
- Verity/CFID Resident Travel Award in Infectious Diseases
- The NCCID – CFID Infectious Diseases Knowledge Translation Awards
View our upcoming workshops and webinars.