Dr. Yoav Keynan, Associate Professor of Internal Medicine (Section of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology) at the University of Manitoba
2021 John M. Embil Mentorship Award in Infectious Diseases
Dr. John M. Embil followed his father into a career in medicine. Since 1997 he has been a consultant in Infectious Diseases at the University of Manitoba Health Sciences Centre, where he is also Associate Professor in the Department of Medicine Section of Infectious Diseases and Department of Medical Microbiology, and Director of the Infection Prevention and Control Unit at the Health Sciences Centre.
In 2010, he endowed the Dr. John M. Embil Mentorship Award in Infectious Diseases. This award (consisting of a cash prize and a commemorative plaque) recognizes the commitment and dedication of clinical specialists in Infectious Diseases who have performed extraordinary service as role models and mentors to junior clinicians, faculty, fellows, and students involved in the field of infectious diseases.
- Be a specialist in Clinical Infectious Disease
- Have demonstrated commitment and extraordinary effort in mentorship by, for example:
- Stimulating excellence in clinical care in infectious diseases
- Promoting and encouraging activities in global health
- Assisting students to present and publish their work, to find financial aid, and to find their career path of choice
- Providing encouragement, and strategies for life in the scholarly community
- Continued interest in the individual's professional advancement
Application Deadline: January 22, 2021
Dr. Wayne L. Gold MD, FRCPC, Professor, Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto and Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, ON
Dr. Kurt E. Williams MD, FRCPC, Associate Professor, Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan and Royal University Hospital, Saskatoon, SK.
Dr. Caroline Quach MD, MSc, FRCPC, Associate Professor, Departments of Pediatrics and of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health, Montreal Children’s Hospital, McGill University Health Centre; Co-director, McGill University Health Centre Vaccine Study Centre.
Dr. Sharon L. Walmsley, MSc, MD, FRCPC, Professor of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Director of Clinical Research, Immunodeficiency Clinic, Toronto Hospital, University Health Network.
Dr. Curtis L. Cooper, MD, FRCPC, Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Director- Viral Hepatitis Program, University of Ottawa and The Ottawa Hospital-General Campus.
- 2013 Dr. Anne McCarthy (University of Ottawa)
- 2012 Dr. Jonathan Angel (University of Ottawa)
- 2011 Dr. John Conly (University of Calgary)
- 2010 Dr. Allan Ronald (University of Manitoba)