Committed to improving health by supporting research related to infectious diseases
The Canadian Foundation for Infectious Diseases is a charitable organization committed to improving the health of Canadians and people worldwide.
We support research, fund medical and undergraduate students, present awards to trainees and mentors, and share new knowledge related to infectious disease prevention, diagnosis, control and treatment.
Grants and StudentshipsCFID offers project grants and fellowships in support of research and training in infectious diseases. Past recipients and their research precis can be found here.
Research Project GrantsCFID has funded many research projects related to infectious disease research, such as the Safe Drinking Water Pilot Project. You can read about theme here.
- 2019 AMMI Canada Medical Student Research Projects- 1. “Screening and comprehensive infection prevention for antimicrobial-resistant organisms in high risk patients in long-term care facilities: A cost-effective analysis” Student: Dalton Budhram (University Health Network, University of Toronto) Supervisors: Dr. Beate Sander, Dr. Samir Patel Read research proposal 2. “Intermittent carriage of antibiotic resistant organisms and enteric pathogens among healthy fecal microbiota transplant stool […]
- 2019 CFID Undergraduate Summer Student Research Project- “Putative neuroprotective agents for cerebral malaria” Student: Urvi Rai (University of Alberta) Supervisor: Dr. Michael Hawkes Read research proposal
- 2019 Embil Mentorship Award: Dr. Yoav Keynan- Dr. Yoav Keynan, Associate Professor of Internal Medicine (Section of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology) at the University of Manitoba
- 2019 Embil Trainee Award: Dr. Ling Kong- Trainee: Dr. Ling Kong, Division of Infectious Diseases and Department of Medical Microbiology, McGill University Health Centre, Montréal, Québec, Canada Supervisor: Dr. Vivian Loo, McGill University Publication: Manuscript published in Clinical Infectious Diseases in 2019, entitled “Clostridium difficile: Investigating transmission patterns between infected and colonized patients using whole genome sequencing” Download Manuscript
- 2019 Bug Run- 5rd Annual CFID Bug Run Date: Saturday April 6, 2019 Time: 6:30 – 8:00 AM Start location: Lobby of Westin Ottawa Join your colleagues, friends, competitors or just challenge yourself to a Bug Run/Walk in support of the Canadian Foundation for Infectious Diseases charitable mission. Win a prize!! The cost is $50 to participate, and […]
- 2018 Bug Run- The Vancouver seawall was once again the beautiful sunny setting for the Annual Canadian Foundation for Infectious Diseases (CFID) Bug Run that took place at the AMMI Canada CACMID Annual Conference. Nearly 40 enthusiasts braved the early hour and joined together to run, jog or stroll the 2.5/5km course prior to attending their first session […]