Committed to improving health by supporting research related to infectious diseases
The Canadian Foundation for Infectious Diseases is a charitable organization committed to improving the health of Canadians and people worldwide.
We support research, fund medical and undergraduate students, present awards to trainees and mentors, and share new knowledge related to infectious disease prevention, diagnosis, control and treatment.
Grants and StudentshipsCFID offers project grants and fellowships in support of research and training in infectious diseases. Past recipients and their research precis can be found here.
Research Project GrantsCFID has funded many research projects related to infectious disease research, such as the Safe Drinking Water Pilot Project. You can read about theme here.
- Join us for the 2020 Bug Run - Join your colleagues, friends, competitors or just challenge yourself to a Bug Run/Walk in support of the Canadian Foundation for Infectious Diseases’ charitable mission. The 6th annual CFID Bug Run will take place on Saturday, May 2 at 6:45 AM as part of the 2020 AMMI Canada/CACMID Meeting in Vancouver. The run — both 2.5K […]
- Call for Applications - CFID is now accepting applications for the following Awards, Grants and Studentships for 2020! Awards: John M. Embil Mentorship Award in Infectious Diseases Juan A. Embil Trainee Award for Excellence in Infectious Diseases Research Grants and Studentships: altona Diagnostics Canada Medical Student Research Award AMMI Canada Medical Student Research Grant CFID Safe Drinking Water Pilot […]
- Mid-Career ID Workshop, Vancouver, March 25-27, 2020 - In partnership with the Canadian Association for HIV Research (CAHR) and the Sepsis Network, CFID will be holding a second Professional Development Workshop for Infectious Disease Researchers. This workshop will address this learning gap and offer participants the chance to learn from those with a wealth of experience in such domains as academic leadership, commercializing […]
- 2019 AMMI Canada Medical Student Research Projects - 1. “Screening and comprehensive infection prevention for antimicrobial-resistant organisms in high risk patients in long-term care facilities: A cost-effective analysis” Student: Dalton Budhram (University Health Network, University of Toronto) Supervisors: Dr. Beate Sander, Dr. Samir Patel Read research proposal 2. “Intermittent carriage of antibiotic resistant organisms and enteric pathogens among healthy fecal microbiota transplant stool […]
- 2019 CFID Undergraduate Summer Student Research Project - “Putative neuroprotective agents for cerebral malaria” Student: Urvi Rai (University of Alberta) Supervisor: Dr. Michael Hawkes Read research proposal
- 2019 Embil Mentorship Award: Dr. Yoav Keynan - Dr. Yoav Keynan, Associate Professor of Internal Medicine (Section of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology) at the University of Manitoba