How we make a difference
CFID is a registered charity dedicated to improving the health and safety of Canadians and people worldwide through the support of research and dissemination of knowledge in infectious diseases.
We work closely with the Association of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Disease Canada (AMMI Canada) and other strategic partners.
You can help
LATEST NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
2017 CFID Awards Announced
CFID is pleased to announce recipients of the following awards for the 2017 Competition:
• AMMI Canada Medical Student Research Awards
• CFID Undergraduate Summer Research Award
• Dr. Juan A. Embil Trainee Award for Excellence in Infectious Diseases Research
• Dr. John M. Embil Mentorship Award in Infectious Diseases
• CFID Safe Drinking Water Pilot Project Grant
The Untold Story of the Canadian National Microbiology Laboratory
Dr. Francis A. Plummer, Professor Emeritus of Medicine and Medical Microbiology at the University of Manitoba, and recipient of the 2016 Canada Gairdner Wightman Award, gave this inspirational presentaton about emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases and important innovations of the National Microbiology Laboratory during his tenure as its director. His lecture was delivered at the University of British Columbia on October 24, 2016. Download
More News and Past Events