CFID/AMMI CANADA KICKSTARTS FUNDRAISING INITIATIVE
To donate online at CFID website (www.researchid.com)
• Click here
To donate by email, surface Mail or fax
• Download and complete one-page Donation Form here
NEW CANADIAN GUIDELINES:
• ‹New!› Canadian Ebola Clinical Care Guidelines, revised Oct 28, 2014 download
• CIHR Canadian HIV Trials Network: Management and Treatment of HIV/Hepatitis-C Coinfection in Adults, CJIDMM 24:217, 2013 download
• Canadian Thoracic Society: Canadian Tuberculosis Standards, 7th Edition, 2013. Can Resp J, vol 20 (Suppl A), 2013 download
• Public Health Agency of Canada: Primary Care Management of Hepatitis B - Quick Reference, 2013
‹New!› CANADA ANTIBIOTIC AWARENESS WEEK November 17-23, 2014
• The Canadian AAW joins countless other antibiotic awareness events worldwide, reminding health care workers and the public to “use antibiotics - when needed, and as prescribed”. AAW also serves as a warning and a challenge to mitigate against the increasing risks posed by antibiotic resistance affecting Canadians. For calendar of events and other resources, please click here ...
‹New!› SURVEILLANCE OF ANTIMICROBIAL RESISTANCE AND ANTIMICROBIAL UTILIZATION IN CANADA
• Prepared for the National Collaborating Centre for Infectious Diseases by AMMI Canada - June 2014 read more ...
DO BUGS NEED DRUGS?
• A Community Program for Wise Use of Antibiotics in Alberta and British Columbia read more ...
What you need to know about Ebola in Canada
2015 CFID Awards Annoucement - Deadline extended to February 2, 2015
• Juan A. Embil Trainee Award English French
• John M. Embil Mentorship Award English French
• AMMI Canada Medical Student Research Award ‹New!› English French
• CFID Summer Research Studentship Awards English French
• CFID Safe Water Pilot Grant Award English French
History of CFID Awards
2015 AMMI Canada Awards Announcement - Deadline January 5, 2015
2015 Innovation Academy - Deadline January 12, 2015
What's Hot in Infectious Diseases 2014?
- From the 2014 AMMI Canada/CAMID Conference:
The Neglected Global Diseases Initiative at UBC (NGDI-UBC) has developed an extensive online resource on Ebola and Canada's response to the West African outbreak. Find out the latest developments from their website.
Dr. Nelson Lee, Professor & Head of Infectious Diseases in the Department of Medicine & Therapeutics and Stanley Ho Center of Emerging Infectious Diseases at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, delivered a fascinating talk on "Emerging Infectious Disease Threats and the ID Physicians in Asia" at a recent UBC
Division of Infectious Diseases Intercity Rounds presentation on June 26, 2014 in Vancouver, BC. - download presentation
Dr. Melanie Murray MD/PhD, Assistant Professor, Division of Infectious Diseases at UBC, discussed "Return of the Great Pretender: Syphilis in 2014" at Medical Grand Rounds on May 22, 2014 in Vancouver, BC. - download presentation
CFID Supported Research
- current activities
The Canadian Nosocomial Infection Surveillance Program, Public Health Agency of Canada, collects surveillance data on antimicrobial resistant organisms (AROs) from 57 large, university-affiliated tertiary care hospitals in 10 provinces.
• Antimicrobial resistance trends 2007-2013 English
• Clostridium difficile infection rates 2007-2012 English
• Carbapenem-resistant GNB trends 2010-2012 English
For other CNISP project results, visit AMMI Canada
Update on emerging respiratory viruses - MERS-CoV, H7N9, H3N2v and EV68
(prepared by BCCDC, Nov. 5, 2014):
• MERS-CoV Epi-Curve
• H7N9 Epi-Curve
• H3N2V Map of Cases, Oct. 31, 2014
Update on Ebola virus disease:
• BCCDC Update
(Oct 13, 2014)
• CNPHI Posting
(July 28, 2014)
More News and Past Events